Dating is an important step if you are going on a first date or if you are in a long term relationship. Dates can often break the ice when you first meet. So if you meet your date on the Guernsey dating site or another dating site you don’t want to be spending money unnecessarily so I’ve listed below some low cost or no cost date ideas to help you out.
First Date Ideas
When planning a first date it’s always good to think about the type of conversation you will be having. You will want to get to know each other so going to a loud bar just won’t do! It’s probably a better idea to go some place that will help facilitate a conversation without you having to shout. Some first date idea places to visit could include:
- Your favourite coffee shop. It can also be cheap too as you can sit over a coffee and have a conversation for hours if the mood takes you. It also means if it doesn’t go to plan you can leave without there being any pressure.
- Meet for dinner. This is more than likely the most common idea but it’s also a great one too! It gives you the chance to talk and have a nice meal too. You can also share the costs which is great!
- Take a Class. Cookery classes or art classes are a great way to have fun and get to know your date. They are becoming very popular these days so you should find one near you.
If all goes well then you can start planning the next date. Below I have listed some fun date ideas to get you started. Remember you don’t have to do it all, ask your new partner what they would like to do too as sometimes it can be simpler than you think.
Some fun ideas include:
- Have a Picnic in the Park. This can be so romantic, filling a wicker basket with all your favourite foods and wine and of course a blanket.
- Be adventurous. Why not try going out on your bike, walking or hiking? A great way to keep fit and have fun too.
- Go dancing. Find a local class that takes Salsa! A great fun activity and you can get close to your partner too.
- Take a pottery-making class. Remember the film Ghost? Well pottery can be so much fun, check out your local press for pottery classes.
Whatever you decide to do, dating is the most effective way to get to know someone but also to keep your relationship going. You don’t have to spend at lot of money on it either. In fact you can opt to just meet up for a coffee and a chat. Whatever it is you decide to too make sure you are safe, your family know where you are and you can get out of the place if you feel the date isn’t for you. Above all I hope you have great fun too.